With advancements in education technology, online assessments are easily and commonly conducted these days, whether for recruitment or entrance exams. It has benefited both candidates, as well as the examiners. Some benefits are cost-effectiveness, convenience of time and location, etc.
Along with these pros, there are some cons of conducting online assessments too which are causing worry to the examiners. We are all familiar with cheating techniques used by students in physical exams. It is wrong to assume that such malpractices do not occur in online exams. In fact, cheating in online exams is much more comfortable, and so the students keep coming up with ingenious ways to cheat in online exams.
Some unfair activities that candidates do during online exams:
– Traditional methods like writing answers on palms or sticking notes to their monitors.
– Taking screenshots of the answers in their smartphones.
– Using the help of hidden friends, to whisper answers to the candidate.
– Using a Bluetooth headset to send and receive information.
– Search answers in other browsers and copy-pastes the answer.
How can you as an examiner avoid such cheating tricks?
The good news is that methods are available, which enable you to prevent cheating and cleverness in online exams. Digital technology has made it possible to maintain integrity in online exams. There are techniques available, which can guarantee up to 95% accuracy in curbing cheating. Methods like live remote proctoring, capturing candidates’ activities, live video streaming, image capturing, etc. are very effective in catching malpractices by candidates. The candidates definitely don’t resort to such techniques when they know they are under surveillance.
Disamnia at your rescue
Disamina has come up with advanced software that helps you conduct exams anytime, anywhere in a cheat-free environment. Apart from basic features, the software is integrated with a live remote proctoring feature to ensure fairness in exams. The examiner can easily monitor the live activities of all candidates taking the exam. This feature provides several valuable benefits to the examiner.
Benefits of remote proctoring during online exams
– It provides the feeling of a physical examination and helps the examiner to monitor all activities of the candidates.
– It helps the examiner to monitor the number of times the candidate is moving away from his examination screen.
– It provides a grid view of all candidates on the screen at the same time. Hence it is as good as physically supervising all students like an actual classroom.
– It captures the candidate’s screen during the live exam when they attempt to do unfair activities such as moving out of the windows, using short-cut keys, etc.
– It captures the image & video of the candidates during the exam. The examiner can watch the recording at a later time convenient to him. In this way, even if he misses any live-action, he can catch it in the record later.
– It keeps a record of all activities which can be downloaded in pdf or excel file. This proof can be used to confront the candidate later in case of any conflict.
– This solution is cost-effective and can be customized as per your specific needs.
This outstanding solution from Disamina enables you to supervise online exams in the same manner as if you were physically present in a classroom. It ensures that malpractices are curbed effectively, and exams are conducted fairly.