Dedicated Team Model: Importance of The Model Explained
The jarring impact on industries happening around has left companies seeking better talent with an economical approach. As most companies encourage remote work, they now look to expand teams and talent in every nook and corner of the globe.
The “dedicated team model” is a solution that several leading companies have adopted, and many continue to do so. This comprehensive guide will help you learn more about the model while also helping you decide if they are the next big part of your organization.
What is a Dedicated Team Model?
The dedicated team model or DTM is a widely accepted business model — wherein a company assists in hiring a dedicated IT staff for the client on a long-term basis. This model is incorporated by many small and medium-sized businesses in improving client’s business. The model works on certain terms and conditions, including working hours, payment rate, and how the team involved in works.
The particular team is selected based on their expertise and skillsets and the demands made by the client. The dedicated team will be asked to work from the vendor’s site on most occasions under the surveillance of a project manager who keeps a tab on the team’s activities.
The hired dedicated team of developers are ideal in situations where the scope of the activity could not be clearly described and requirements cannot be altered while the ongoing development process. The sole purpose of a model like this is — have a team that compensates for the shortcomings of expertise and streamline the development process.
Anatomy of A Dedicated Team
A dedicated team is driven by players proficient in that specific field, and some of the key players helping the project come to fruition are as follows:
- Front-end engineers: The role of a front-end developer is to select, install and examine the user interface of a website or application. This particular player emphasizes enhancing the look and feel of the website or application along with its performance.
- Back-end engineers: The back-end developers work on the server components of multi-tier applications, pay heed to web servers and the data store, and are embroiled with business rule implementation logic.
- QA engineers: Or quality assurance engineers have the onus of evaluating the quality of specifications and technical design documents for timely, relevant, and worthwhile feedback.
- UX/UI designers: The responsibilities of UI/UX designers are to create user-friendly interfaces for users to understand the use of complex technical products. Their entire work process is centered on user research insights.
- DevOps engineers: They work in tandem with developers or IT staff in streamlining the synergy between operations, development, and testing functions.
- Business analysts: Analysts are the link between IT and the business. They evaluate and monitor processes and share data-driven recommendations and reports to the top management of a company.
- Project managers: The driving force behind — Project Manager has the responsibility of planning, designing, executing, monitoring, and in the successful implementation of the project.
Advantages & Disadvantages of A Dedicated Team Model
The successful implementation of a website or application is incomplete without the aforementioned players. They are indispensable from the start to the completion of the project. That said, they also come with a fair share of benefits and downsides. Following is an overview of the pros and cons of a dedicated team model.
The hassle-free approach is in many ways credited to the following benefits:
The most significant benefit of the dedicated team model is cost-saving. It is widely known that a dedicated team is more affordable than hiring an in-house team. Given the gravity of the situation we are currently living in, the dedicated team model is the best foot forward for saving money and streamlining the workflow.
Expedite the process
The advantage of having more people working on the same project is that it will meet its end sooner than expected. Nevertheless, productivity isn’t compromised with speed on their mind. DT’s expertise and experience in managing similar projects help them expedite the process and tick all the quality boxes set by the client they are working for.
Having customers and team players working alongside on the same product promotes collaboration that is not restricted within the team of developers but also between the client and team. The regular interaction and involvement in brainstorming sessions to examine the highs and lows of the process is something that members cherish for a long-time.
The client has complete control over the selection and management of dedicated team players. The dedicated team model offered by Rai Techintro helps with managing highly talented and competent professionals, project managers, and other resources based on project requirements.
Although the advantages significantly outweigh the disadvantages, here are few points that you may want to pay attention to:
Challenges in Communication & Collaboration
With the dedicated team working remotely, staying connected at all times becomes a laborious process. The parties involved in the project need to understand what is happening and what needs to be done. The communication problems can be a threat to the project’s effectiveness in the coming future.
Selecting a team does take time
The selection process isn’t something that is all plain-sailing — it has challenges that may consume time and energy. Therefore, before scrutinizing a team for the project, it is important to learn the highs and lows of the model to narrow it down to a suitable team. The team involved may have the expertise required, but you have to take the time to select.
The expertise and skillsets a dedicated team brings into the organization is unparalleled. However, with no scarcity of talent, and resources, the selection process may become strenuous. At the Rai Techintro, we assist you in building a dedicated team that is efficient and reliable in all aspects till the project is complete. Our organized and systematic approach in creating a team as per the clients’ requirements has always garnered the right recognition from every nook and corner of the world.